- Meet the Regents
- Regents’ Meetings
- Meeting Archives
- Chapter I. The Board of Regents
- Chapter II. University Executive Officers
- Chapter III. Business Management, Finance, and Property
- Chapter IV. The University Senate
- Chapter V. The Faculties And Academic Staff
- Chapter VI. Schools and Colleges: Program Definitions
- Chapter VII. Student Affairs
- Chapter VIII. Admission And Registration Of Students
- Chapter IX. Commencement And Degrees
- Chapter X. Fees And Charges
- Chapter XI. The Schools And Colleges And Affiliated Units
- Chapter XII. The University Libraries
- Chapter XIII. Other University Units, Agencies, and Services
- Chapter XIV. Miscellaneous Rules and Regulations
- Regents’ Ordinance
- Seal, Trademarks and Copyright
- Office of Vice President
and Secretary of the University
Andrew C. Richner
Andrew C. Richner
Clark Hill PLC
500 Woodward Ave., Suite 3500
Detroit, MI 48226-3435
Phone: (313) 965-8531
Regent Richner is a Republican from Grosse Pointe Park. He graduated from the University of Michigan School of Business Administration (B.B.A., 1982) with high distinction, and the University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1986), cum laude, where he was a contributing editor of the Michigan Law Review.
Regent Richner is a partner in the law firm Clark Hill PLC. He served three terms in the Michigan House of Representatives, two terms as a Wayne County Commissioner, and one term on the Grosse Pointe Park City Council. He was an intern in the Office of Counsel to the President in the White House under President Reagan.
Regent Richner and his wife, Susan, have a son who is a recent graduate of the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and a daughter who is attending the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Regent Richner was elected to the Board of Regents in 2002 and re-elected in 2010. His term expires January 1, 2019.