- Meet the Regents
- Regents’ Meetings
- Meeting Archives
- Chapter I. The Board of Regents
- Chapter II. University Executive Officers
- Chapter III. Business Management, Finance, and Property
- Chapter IV. The University Senate
- Chapter V. The Faculties And Academic Staff
- Chapter VI. Schools and Colleges: Program Definitions
- Chapter VII. Student Affairs
- Chapter VIII. Admission And Registration Of Students
- Chapter IX. Commencement And Degrees
- Chapter X. Fees And Charges
- Chapter XI. The Schools And Colleges And Affiliated Units
- Chapter XII. The University Libraries
- Chapter XIII. Other University Units, Agencies, and Services
- Chapter XIV. Miscellaneous Rules and Regulations
- Regents’ Ordinance
- Seal, Trademarks and Copyright
- Office of Vice President
and Secretary of the University
Chapter VIII: Admission and Registration of Students
- Sec. 8.01. Admission of Undergraduate Students (revised April 2009)
- Sec. 8.02. The Registrar (revised November 1993)
- Sec. 8.04. Residence Requirements (revised July 2008)
Ann Arbor Campus
The associate vice provost and executive director of undergraduate admissions is responsible for the admission of students entering the undergraduate schools and colleges from high school and for such other admissions as may, from time to time, be assigned to the director's jurisdiction by the various faculties. The associate vice provost and executive director of undergraduate admissions is appointed by the board on recommendation by the president, and reports to the provost and executive vice president for academic affairs.
University of Michigan-Dearborn
The director of admissions and orientation at the University of Michigan-Dearborn is responsible for the admission of students to its undergraduate programs. The director of admissions and orientation is appointed by and reports to the vice chancellor for enrollment management and student life.
University of Michigan-Flint
The director of undergraduate admissions at the University of Michigan-Flint is responsible for the admission of students to its undergraduate programs. The director of undergraduate admissions is appointed by and reports to the provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs.
The registrar, responsible to the provost and executive vice president for academic affairs, shall be appointed by the board on recommendation by the president. The registrar shall be responsible for registration, classification, records, transcripts, and diplomas of students, and other duties as requested by the schools and colleges.
Students in the university will be classified as either residents or nonresidents of Michigan. Guidelines concerning definition of residency are issued and administered by the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs. Copies may be secured from the registrar. The student/applicant is responsible for registering under the correct residency classification in accordance with the university's Residency Classification Guidelines.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding the bylaws section of our website, please email them to Erin Katz (email@example.com).
Bylaws updated: October 2016 (Revision of Section 2.13)