- Meet the Regents
- Regents’ Meetings
- Meeting Archives
- Chapter I. The Board of Regents
- Chapter II. University Executive Officers
- Chapter III. Business Management, Finance, and Property
- Chapter IV. The University Senate
- Chapter V. The Faculties And Academic Staff
- Chapter VI. Schools and Colleges: Program Definitions
- Chapter VII. Student Affairs
- Chapter VIII. Admission And Registration Of Students
- Chapter IX. Commencement And Degrees
- Chapter X. Fees And Charges
- Chapter XI. The Schools And Colleges And Affiliated Units
- Chapter XII. The University Libraries
- Chapter XIII. Other University Units, Agencies, and Services
- Chapter XIV. Miscellaneous Rules and Regulations
- Regents’ Ordinance
- Seal, Trademarks and Copyright
- Office of Vice President
and Secretary of the University
December 2008 Regents' Meeting
Thursday, December 18, 2008 - Regents' Room
Call to Order
- President's Opening Remarks
- Regents' Resolution in Honor of 2009 Rhodes Scholar
- Annual Environmental Report
- Regents' Committee Reports
- Finance, Audit and Investment Committee
- Personnel, Compensation and Governance Committee
- Regular Business Agenda
Consent Agenda (Roman Numeral Sections I-VIII)
- Approval of Minutes of November 20, 2008 Meeting
- Investment Report
- Plant Extension Report
- University Human Resources Report (no document)
- Litigation Report
- Research Report
- University of Michigan Health System
- Division of Student Affairs
- Flint Campus
- Dearborn Campus
III. VOLUNTARY SUPPORT
- Report on Voluntary Support, November 30, 2008
IV. PERSONNEL ACTIONS (Summary Listing of Personnel Actions)
- Recommendations for approval of new appointments and promotions for regular associate and full professor ranks, with tenure.
- Recommendations for approval of reappointments of regular instructional staff and selected administrative staff.
- Recommendations for approval of joint or additional appointments or transfers of regular associate or full professors and selected academic administrative staff.
- Establishing and renaming professorships and selected academic administrative positions.
- Recommendations for approval of other personnel transactions for regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff.
University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Recommendations for approval of reappointments of regular instructional staff and selected academic administrative staff.
- Ann Arbor Campus
V. PERSONNEL REPORTS
- Reports of Lecturers Employee Organization (LEO) Activity
- Reports of regular instructional transactions
VI. RETIREMENT MEMOIRS
- Adoption of retirement memoirs for Violet H. Barkauskas, Ph.D., associate professor of nursing; James A. Chaffers, D.Arch., professor of architecture; Joseph D. Dennison, D.D.S., M.S., professor of dentistry; Eric J. Essene, Ph.D., William C. Kelly Collegiate Professor of Geological Sciences and professor of geological sciences; Luis O. Gómez, Ph.D., Arthur F. Thurnau Professor, professor of Asian languages and cultures, and professor of psychology and religious studies; Margaret I. Lomax, Ph.D., research professor, Michael J. Longo, Ph.D., professor of physics; Susan J. Pritzel, B.S., M.A., assistant professor of dental hygiene; Carroll Smith-Rosenberg, Ph.D., professor of history, professor of American culture, and professor of women's studies; James H. Vincent, Ph.D., professor of environmental health; Patricia B. Yocum, A.M., A.M.L.S., librarian.
No deaths of active faculty members were reported to the Regents this month.
- Approval of August 2008 doctoral degree list
- Approval of final degree lists for April 2008 and August 2008 commencement
- Approval of changes to previously approved degree lists
Regular Agenda (Roman Numeral Sections IX-X)
- Supplemental Information to the Audited Financial Statements of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics of the University of Michigan for the Year Ended June 30, 2008
- Alternative Asset Commitments
- Public Equity Investment
- Engineering Programs Building Addition
- University Stores and Alexander G. Ruthven Museums Building Museum of Zoology Collection Relocation and Renovations
- Business Administration Executive Dormitory and Sam Wyly Hall Guest Room Area Renovations
- François Xavier Bagnound Building Ultra-Low Vibration Laboratory
- Intercollegiate Athletics Soccer Fields
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers University Hospital Inpatient Bed Expansion - Unit 7A
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers University Hospital Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography Scanner Expansion
- Material Transfer Agreement between the University of Michigan and Armune BioScience, Inc.
- Subcontract Agreement between the University of Michigan and Nico Technologies Corporation
- Patent License Agreement between the University of Michigan and Biotectix, LLC
- Option Agreement between the University of Michigan and Medigenix, LLC
- Collaboration Agreement among the University of Michigan, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft sur Forderung der angewadten Forschung e.V. and Fraunhofer USA, Inc.
- Subcontract Agreement between the University of Michigan and Michigan Engineering Services, LLC
- 173.5 Acres of Land with Buildings Located in Washtenaw County, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Approval of proposed changes to the University of Michigan-Dearborn Academic Calendars for the Fall Term 2008 and the Fall Term 2009